Friday, July 07, 2006

But I Didn't

That's my new mantra. It works.

Like so many people, my life is governed by "I should have", "I meant to", or "I was going to". Life is a lot easier if those phrases are unapologetically capped by, "But I didn't." Then I move on.

This Blog is supposed to help me remember the goings on in my life. But for three or so weeks I have neglected it. Once again, when my family says, “Do you remember when . . .?”, I will have to bluff my way through with nothing to jog my failing memory. I did take some photos. Not as many as I should, but enough to remind me of a wonderful time with my brother and his wife. We visited gardens galore, both private and public. Brian and Brenda took us to dinner at Benihana and Andiamos. We loved the Millennium Park in Chicago. (That's the Cloud Gate in the photo.) So what if Brian corrupted his photos by trying to download them on my Mac? Back in England he got them all back. He taught me how to fish, or rather to assemble, wire and install outdoor lighting. I have a new skill.

So, I should have kept this blog up to date. But I didn’t. I can live with that.

No comments: