Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Industrious Day.

What did I do today? On the up side I ate two tomatoes, the first fruits of the tomato plants. Cherry tomatoes—we aren't real good with the big ones. Of course, it is so easy to pick them off the plants while walking around the garden and then have nothing left to eat for a meal. By the way, ex-pats, do you still have trouble with "garden" and "yard"? I do, and cannot remember that in England the garden is the entire area behind the house, while in the States the garden is the place where things grow and the yard is all the rest. After fifty years!

On the downside, I spent hours trying to install a Dymo Twin Turbo labeling machine. Several years ago I had no trouble with the 330 Turbo, but this time it was a miserable experience. What is worse, I force-ejected a disc and when I tried to use it again, it was, as they say, "a bad disc." Dymo support won't be working until Monday morning and I don't think I will be able to understand a single word they say.

In a while I will be going to check up on some grandchildren. Thank heavens my daughter will already have left: she might ask me what I did today.

No comments: