Friday, July 20, 2012

Big . . . bigger

In years past I wanted to be prepared for visits from my grand children. After they were weened or done with the bottle, after sippy cups, they needed small cups for water or juice or lemonade. So I went out and bought a collection of colorful cups (thank you, IKEA.) They are the ones to the left of this picture. If you click on the photo you can see that I even identified the cups with each child's name, because the little guys kept putting them down and picking up a new one, so that I ran out of cups way too quickly. Of course most of them couldn't read, but it was a good idea.

It occurred to me lately that those little cups worked fine six years ago when this photos was taken, but the two boys at the right are now six feet tall and the others are catching up. There have been five since then who can use the little cups, but the pretty blue cups on the right are much more suitable for this summer's guests.

No comments: