Wednesday, December 05, 2012

That's my Boy!

How I enjoyed last weekend's production of "Seussical the Musical" performed by the Grosse Pointe Children's Theatre.

Many years ago I directed a performance of "Free to Be", based on Marlo Thomas' record, which my kids loved. Or maybe I loved it and they just had to listen to it, but who can forget songs like, "It's all right to cry" and "Parents are People," PC expressions way before their time? My cast were mostly the children of friends and it was all rather like herding cats, but it gave me such an appreciation of this performance based on the books of Dr. Seuss.


This is an extra-wide photograph and difficult to see (try clicking on it), but the actor in front, on the left, in a red shirt is my fifth grandchild, Daniel, who is following in his father's footsteps as a thespian. Daniel played the role of Jo with a wonderfully expressive face. The scenery, lighting and costumes were way beyond what young actors usually get to work with.

Can't wait to see you on stage again soon, Danny.

No comments: