Saturday, December 01, 2012

It Crept up on Me

And by "it" I mean the annual celebration of Holidailies. There's a description of the purpose of Holidailies here, but basically it is the project which encourages blog writers to up-date their blogs every day from December 1 to January 1. It seems to me a great idea and a way to instill in bloggers the  discipline of regular writing, giving us all the chance to improve quantity if not quality. For many years I have played with the idea of signing up—but it won't be this year. Maybe the thinking is that if they chose the busiest time of the year we will all work to squeeze in one more chore. But wouldn't January 1 to February 1 work out better?

I had long realized that if I do sign up, I need to do some preliminary drafts before the beginning date, but, as I said, it crept up on me. I will take as much time as I can spare to read other people's entries, so if you'll excuse me, I'll go to see what some other better prepared writers have to say.

No comments: