Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Another Six-Year Old!

Congratulations Benjamin. After a less-than-enjoyable first day at school, I gather you are now one of the guys.

Benjamin gets spaghetti and meatballs at home tonight with Jeff's parents and will be part of the annual joint-birthday-with-Daniel-apple-picking-in-Canada-party on Saturday. Hope the mutsus are still available. Hopefully there will be a better photo from that occasion, but here is Benjamin (second from the right) with his Bernas cousins this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Beryl, this one struck to my heart. October was apple-picking time in Buffalo, too, where I spent 24 years of my life (nearly half!). We used to go out with friends, pick bushels, and come back to my house to cook chicken with apples and noodles, and apple pie, topped off with Calvados (apple liquer). How I miss those happy times with friends and family! The apples I picked would also become applesauce for me and apple butter for Xmas gifts. So glad to know this tradition lives on!!