Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Words, Words, Words

Today marks the beginning of NaBloPoMo, formally known as National Blog Posting Month. Participants in this event commit to update their blog every day for a month. I will not participate. I have not got round to the obligatory post about “why I write a blog”. Maybe one day when I am at a loss for a subject I will address this issue, but I can assure you right now that I am not looking for more stress in my life, and feeling the pressure to put pen to paper, so to speak, every day in November doesn’t seem like a great idea. November is for Thanksgiving and the preparations therefor, not grinding away at a blog. Even worse, November is also National Novel Writing Month, when aspiring writers are urged to create a full-length book. Not content with this November logorrhea, those crazy characters at The Usual Suspects are likely to come up with their annual Holidailies challenge, when they ask participants to blog daily from December 7 to January 6. That includes Christmas Day, folks! They haven’t yet announced it, but if you check out last year’s site, you’ll get the picture.

So, bloggers, if you want to take part in NaBloPoMo, you have, by my reckoning, just 90 minutes to come up with a post. Or maybe they work on Pacific Standard Time.

No comments: