Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl XL

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. Back on December 4th I wrote about my love of college football, so I wouldn’t be mentioning professional football today if it were not for the fact that Super Bowl XL is being played in Detroit! We took a trip downtown on Friday to the pre-game festivities and got caught up in all the hoopla.

I don’t even have to mention the game. There are statistics involved: last year, according to The Washington Post $150 million was spent on beer in the two weeks surrounding the game and I know I read (somewhere) that 75% of the avocados sold each year are sold in the days before this event.

I could write about Kid Rock, Jerome Bettis, Mitch Albom and the countless Sports Illustrated swimsuit models who have been featured in the papers all week. But I won’t. I’m off to enjoy the game. Go Pittsburgh!

No comments: