Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Double Digits for Lydia Jane

I have always loved my granddaughter’s name. Sounds like something out of Jane Austen. Within her family she has always been known as “Diddy.” Not sure what that sounds like.

She’s the youngest of five, which means she could be the most put-upon or spoiled.  With two older brothers and two older sisters there may be a little of both, but she is the happiest, smilingest girl you could want to meet. The spellcheck thing told me smilingest is not a word and I might want to substitute smelliest. It’s a word if I say it’s a word!

She also has a great imagination and creativity, as was shown by the cow-themed accessories she has made for today’s family birthday party.

Lydia’s teacher was most impressed by her essay on Polar Bears. Perhaps she will grow up to be an author. Happy Birthday, Lydia.


No comments: